Brendan Peters practices intellectual property law with a focus on patent litigation. Brendan obtained his law degree from Dalhousie University’s Schulich School of Law and was a summer and articling student at one of Canada’s largest intellectual property firms before joining Aitken Klee LLP as an associate.
As a master’s student in synthetic organic chemistry at the University of Toronto, Brendan was exposed to leaders of Canada’s chemistry community, namely with respect to drug molecule synthesis. Brendan was awarded the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Canada Graduate Scholarship in each of his three years of graduate studies.
Education and Qualifications
- Bar Admission, Ontario (2020)
- Juris Doctor, Dalhousie University (2019)
- Master of Science (Chemistry), University of Toronto (2016)
- Bachelor of Science (Hon. Chemistry), Dalhousie University (2011)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Rhodium-Catalyzed Vinylogous Asymmetric Ring-Opening Reaction. Loh, C. J.; Schmid, M.; Peters, B., Fang, X.; Lautens, M. Angew, Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 4600-4604.
- Benzylic Functionalization of Anthrones via Asymmetric Ring Opening. Loh, C. C. J.; Fang, X.; Peters, B.; Lautens, M. Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 1-6.
- Intermolecular Domino Reactions of Two Aryl Iodides. Sickert, M; Weinstabl, H.; Peters, B.; Hou, X.; Lautens, M. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 126, 1-6.
- P-Complexes of Stibenium and Stibinidenium Cations. Chitnis, S.S.; Peters, B.; Conrad, E.; Burford, N.; McDonald, R.; Ferguson, M. J. Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 12331-12333.
- Nindigo Ligands. Nawn, G.; Waldie, K. M.; Oakley S. R., Peters, B. D.; Mandel, D.; Patrick, B.O.; McDonald, R.; Hicks, R. G. Inorg. Chem., 2011, 50 (20), 9826–9837.
- A P,N-Ligand for Palladium-Catalyzed Ammonia Arylation. Lundgren, R. J.; Peters B. D.; Alsabeh, P. G.; Stradiotto, M. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 4071-4074.