Our lawyers have a long history of representing innovative and successful medical device companies, from large multinational corporations to start-ups. Our lawyers combine their strong technical backgrounds with their world-class litigation experience to achieve creative and successful results for our clients. Our lawyers:
- represent LivaNova and Boston Scientific as its Canadian counsel in a multi-jurisdictional dispute over patents related to transcatheter aortic valve replacement (T-1831-16).
- successfully defended W.L. Gore & Associates in a patent infringement case involving artificial blood vessels against Bard Peripheral Vascular. The corresponding litigation in the United States was described by the Court as the most complicated case the Court had presided over (T-2105-13).
- successfully represented Boston Scientific in defending a patent infringement suit related to wireless communications protocols in pacemaker products brought by Atlas IP LLC (T-1602-15).
- provided strategic IP counselling to a medical device start-up company related to magnetic therapy devices.
- successfully defended Boston Scientific and its NIR stent against allegations of infringement of 3 patents brought by Johnson and Johnson (2008 FC 552).